Sixth Annual Ronald McDonald Dream House Raffle
For just a $150 raffle ticket, an exquisite $1.8 million coastal dream home is up for grabs, along with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes in Ronald McDonald House of San Diego’s sixth annual Dream House Raffle fundraiser. The grand prize, a spectacular 4,292-square-foot coastal estate, has six bedrooms, six and-a-half baths, panoramic ocean views, a gourmet kitchen, and a lush backyard with a pool and swim-up bar and spa. All proceeds will help Ronald McDonald House of San Diego (RMHCSD) provide a “home away from home” to families of hospitalized children.
Ronald McDonald House expects to sell out all 40,000 tickets. As an incentive to purchase tickets early, the raffle also includes three early bird drawings for cash and item prizes of up to $25,000 for tickets purchased before three deadlines on March 5, March 26, and April 30. The grand prize drawing is on June 12. All ticket holders will win a prize. Prize opportunities have been greatly expanded from previous years and include chances to win a Toyota Tundra, Sea Doo Speedster, Super Bowl XLV package, or their cash equivalents, and much more. For a complete prize list and rules go to www.sdraffle.com.
Those who purchase more than one ticket are eligible for the multi-ticket drawing to win a Porsche Boxster or $30,000 cash, a European vacation or $10,000, or a Hawaiian vacation or $5,000. If ticket holders refer a friend to purchase a ticket, they will be included in the refer-a-friend drawing and given the chance to win a Smart Car or $15,000.
Proceeds for the raffle will go to operate the new Ronald McDonald House and Family Care Center in San Diego’s hospital district. The new 65,000-square-foot “home away from home” for families with seriously ill hospitalized children opened last June. With 47 bedrooms for families to stay in overnight and a Family Care Center for families, including those not staying at the House, to use during the day, the new House will serve 20,000 families per year. Last year, they served 3,600 families. Such greatly expanded services, means that more than ever, Ronald McDonald House needs funds from the Dream House Raffle to operate this premier resource to families in medical crisis.
To enter the Raffle, call 888/388-0331, or go to www.sdraffle.com and print out a registration form. Forms can be mailed or dropped off at Ronald McDonald House of San Diego at 2929 Children’s Way, San Diego 92123. Entrants may also fax ticket forms to 619/456-0018. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older, have US residency and meet other requirements in the Rules and Regulations as specified on www.sdraffle.com.
Since opening its doors in 1980, San Diego’s RMHC has provided more than 140,000 nights of lodging for more than 14,000 families whose children face life-threatening illnesses and are receiving treatment at area hospitals. With the opening of the new House located atop a six-story parking garage across from Rady Children’s Hospital, the new 47- bedroom Ronald McDonald House quadruples the size of the old 12-bedroom House. It features a new Family Care Center that is open daily to anyone with a child in an area hospital and will serve the needs of 20,000 families each year. The Center offers dining services, a computer lab, arts and crafts room, children’s play room, teen center, play yard, faith room, outdoor play areas, laundry, day resting rooms, and shower facilities.
RMHC is a 501(C) (3) non-profit that receives 10 percent of its funding from local McDonald’s Restaurant owners and operators. The remaining 90 percent needed to operate the house and serve families must be raised through donations from individuals and fundraisers such as the Dream House Raffle.
Dream House Raffle Schedule
March 5 Early bird I deadline (tickets must be purchased by this date to be eligible for the first drawing)
March 17 Early bird I drawing — Toyota Prius or $25,000, Sea Doo Speedster or $10,000, Vespa Motor Scooter or $5000 cash
March 26 Early bird II deadline
April 14 Early bird II drawing — Super Bowl XVL Package or $15,000, Greek Cruise or $10,000, Cabo San Lucas Vacation or $5000, $1000 Southwest Airlines Gift Certificates
April 30 Early bird III deadline
May 12 Early bird III drawing — Sony Home Entertainment Package or $10,000, Best Buy Shopping Spree or $5,000 cash, Sony Camera Package or $1,000, Sony VAIO Laptop or $1,000 cash, San Diego Night of Entertainment or $1,000 cash
May 28 Grand prize drawing deadline
June 12 Grand prize, Multi-ticket, Refer-a-friend drawings — Dream House or $1.5 million cash, 100 cash and/or gift prizes plus the Multi-ticket drawing and Refer-a-friend drawing