Kids Korps/Teen Korps USA
Kids Korps/Teen Korps USA has been engaging the hearts, minds, and hands of young people in community service since 1995.
The nonprofit organization is dedicated to instilling in America’s youth the spirit of giving while providing valuable education in leadership and responsibility, developing leaders for life through youth volunteerism.
Young people ages 5-25 and their families learn about community needs, and then participate in hands-on service projects that benefit 350+ local organizations, addressing the needs of seniors, environment, food & shelter, animals, health, disabilities, community development and leadership.
Kids Korps/Teen Korps USA’s programs are based on seven critical steps for leadership development for youth, who:
– are educated about their social and physical environment
– serve their community and experience the value of caring through demonstration and practice
– reflect on their service experiences
– integrate habits of giving into their daily lives
– mentor fellow youth about service and leadership
– model their values and leadership skills
– advocate for healthy communities with support from the organization
Participants can choose from more than 1,200 service projects each year. Key programs include: Green Korps, Hugs 4 Kids, Urban Outreach, Civic Leadership, and Summer Youth Volunteer camps.
Keith Kanner, PhD, Kids Korps National Board member, mental health expert/contributor, and anchor/host of Your Family Matters, explains: “Teaching your children how to love and care for others is perhaps the most important virtue a parent can offer to their child. At Kids Korps, families work together hand in hand in this quest making the experience a dream come true. Don’t miss out.”
Kids Korps makes volunteering easy. To get your family involved in Kids Korps/Teen Korps’ programs in the community or for more information, please call or go online. 760.452.2676, kidskorps.org